Default Font Size Icon

Grievance Process

Any student who believes that he or she has been discriminated against may file a formal discrimination complaint with the student access director.

Wenatchee Valley College has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for the equitable resolution, within a reasonable time, of complaints by students with disabilities alleging violations of their rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.   

Students also have the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education and/or seek other legal remedies under state and federal law. The Department of Education requires complaints of discrimination to be filed within 180 days of the last known incident of discrimination.

For further information regarding external complaint mechanisms, please refer to RCW28B.10.910 through RCW28B.10.914 and the Washington Law against Discrimination, RCW 59.60.  

Additionally, complaints can be registered with the Office of Civil Rights, since the OCR is the regulating entity over Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

U.S. Department of Education
Office of Civil Rights
(206) 220-7900 (voice)
(206) 203-7907 (TDD)
Washington Human Rights Commission
1-800-662-2755 (voice)
1-800-300-7525 (TDD)