Default Font Size Icon


  • Academic adjustments and auxiliary aids and services or accommodations-modifications to programs, policies, practices and procedures that enable qualified students with a disability an equal opportunity to access college programs and services.

  • Student- a person who has been accepted at Wenatchee Valley College.

  • Qualified student- one who, with or without academic adjustment and auxiliary aids and services, meets the academic and technical standards required for admission to, participation in and/or fulfilling the essential requirements of college programs or activities. 

  • Qualified student with a disability- the same as above, who has self-identified and provided appropriate documentation of his/her disability to the student access office at Wenatchee Valley College.

  • Student with a disability- a student who (1) has a physical, mental or sensory impairment that substantially limits one or more of his/her major life activities; (2) has a record of such an impairment; (3) is perceived to have such an impairment; or(4) has an abnormal condition that is medically diagnosable.

  • Undue burden- significant difficulty or expense.

  • Fundamental alteration- a modification that is so significant that it alters the essential nature of the facilities, privileges, advantages, or programs and services offered.

  • Program accessibility- all programs, when viewed in their entirety, are accessible to persons with a disability.

  • Core Services- those services listed in Washington State Laws of 1994, Chapter 105, that are necessary to ensure students with disabilities are accommodated at college.

  • Accommodation form- the Teacher Correspondence Form that the student access coordinator fills out each quarter for each class that the student is taking. This form will be emailed to your instructors to inform them of the accommodations the students have requested for that quarter. Students must make contact with the student access coordinator by phone or by email as soon as they have registered for each new quarter to confirm need for accommodations.

  • Disability Verification Form- a yellow form that the student access coordinator may require you to give to a psychiatrist/psychologist or diagnosing physician to complete and send back for documentation of disabilities.

  • Release of Information form- a pink form that the student access coordinator will read and check off the appropriate boxes for student release of information at the time of intake with the student access coordinator.

  • IEP (Individualized Education Plan or 504 Plan)- paperwork that may be requested of the student by the student access coordinator, if he/she had an IEP or 504 plan in high school. The required testing results and documentation are usually attached.