DANTES Subject Test (DSST)
Credits from Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support Subjects Standardized Test (DANTES SST) examination program offered by Educational Testing Services are accepted as crosswalked. There are 50 subject-standardized tests covering a wide range of college level academic, business and technical subjects.
- WVC is not a testing site for DSST and official scores must be submitted for evaluation.
- There are no credit or GPA requirements before any credit can be awarded.
- A maximum award of 10 DSST credits can be earned in a distribution area (maximum of five credits in world languages). A maximum of five DSST credits can be used to meet the writing skills requirement for a degree. Credit will not fulfill the writing requirement for advanced English composition.
- DSST credit is not allowed if credit has been received for a more advanced class.
- DSST credit receives a “P” grade, will not affect the GPA and will not apply to WVC residency requirements.
- PLA credit is limited to a maximum of 30 credits required for WVC degrees or certificates.
There is no fee for this evaluation.