The Digital Media Production Center at Wenatchee Valley College is a professional standard post-production facility. Students, faculty and staff have access to a wide range of the latest imaging, editing, animation, sound and graphics software. You are able to work in a private editing room, on new fully equipped editing systems. We have both a Mac-based and Windows-based production stations that use Adobe's Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash) as the main software programs. Please view Wenatchee Valley College's Acceptable use policy
- Media production lab in the library building, Room 9103 (Mac & PC)
- Media equipment checkout which will include: Mobile video production kit: iPad, webcam,camcorder, GoPro and accessories
- Audio equipment: Wireless, lavaliere, table microphone
Before you start filming make sure you understand the requirement of your assignment. It will save a significant amount of time, frustration and your video will be better for it. For example:
- Know what you are trying to achieve with your video.
- Know what you want to film
- Know your location, audience and resources you need to accomplish your goals
- Remove unnecessary steps to simplify your project
- Check out equipment you need (Equipment Checkout Procedures)
- Editing Station Reservation Procedures
Whether you are a beginner or experienced, if you would like to create a video for your class or a research project and are looking for instruction, advice and information there is help for you. For example, you can schedule an 1-hour consultation with Electronic Media Producer. Contact for help:
- Video Production Kits; include Tripod, lighting, wireless & shotgun microphones
- Go Pro
- Stabilizer kits (for camcorders only)
- Professional grade audio equipment
- Professional grade lighting accessories
- Video production extras
- Digital Production Catalog
- Movie mount
The iPad Kit is appropriate if you want to: record less than 45 minutes of footage, upload directly to the internet, edit footage with iMovie, or record directly to Panopto.
- Wireless microphone
The Camcorder Kit is appropriate if you want to: use the zoom feature, record long footage (you provide the memory disk), record handheld video (use the stabilizer), have your footage recorded to a separate disk.
- Available to current WVC students, faculty and staff
- Fully equipped, Windows and Apple Macintosh-based computers
- Walk-ins and reservations accepted
- Can be reserved any time during operating hours
- Will be held for 15 minutes after your reservation - then cancelled if you don't show up.
- Will be used in accordance with the WVC Acceptable Use Policy.
- Digital Media Lab Reservation Form
- Digital Production Equipment Reservation Form
- Available software