What's Next After Registration
The faculty and administration of WVC recommend that you seriously consider the following information to help you be successful in your online classes.
- Make sure that you clearly understand all requirements listed in the footnote for each course in which you are enrolled.
- Check the WVC distance learning web site at: www.wvc.edu/distance for information you need for online courses (Ex: Canvas login, ordering textbooks, getting help, calendar of online classes, online class orientation for new students, and frequently asked questions [FAQs]).
- Take time to familiarize yourself with the Canvas system before classes begin
- Have an email account and reliable access to a computer with an Internet connection.
- Expect to use Internet websites regularly as requested by your instructor.
- Discuss any concerns with your instructor, faculty advisor, or distance learning staff.
- Be aware that distance learning courses are flexible, but not faster or easier than traditional courses.
Getting Started: Now that you are sure that Distance Learning is for you, here is what you need to do to get started:
- Login to Canvas and find your classes. See if your instructor has any welcome information or textbook requirements.
- Order your textbook as soon as possible to allow for delivery time. Do not wait until the last minute to order your textbook(s).