The art department at Wenatchee Valley College continues to develop a comprehensive curriculum with extensive offerings in 2- and 3-dimensional fine arts, as well as art history, graphic design and digital media. In addition to laying a solid foundation of art courses to prepare students for a four-year institution with the AAS transfer degree, students can get strong advanced training in a number of disciplines.
The department currently offers a wide variety of credit classes, including:
- Art Appreciation
- Introduction to Art
- Design (2D Design and Color, and 3D Composition)
- Drawing (Beginning, Advanced and Figure)
- Painting (I, II, III and Advanced)
- Sculpture (3D Design and Sculpture I)
- Ceramics (I, II, III and Advanced)
- Art History (Ancient through Modern)
- Printmaking (Intaglio, Relief and Monotype)
- Graphic Design (see information below)
- 3D Digital Design (as a basis for Industrial Design, Animation, Gaming or Architecture)
- Special topics, independent study courses and noncredit continuing education classes are also available in a variety of media.
We are proud to now offer classes in 3D Digital Design. Cutting-edge software in computer-aided modeling can be used as the foundation for animation, video game design, industrial design, architecture and graphic design.
- ART 132: 3D Digital Design 1
- ART 133: 3D Digital Design 2
Robert Graves Gallery, a nonprofit, community-supported public art gallery offers professional art exhibitions by local, regional and national artists. The gallery is located in Sexton Hall on the Wenatchee campus and is free and open to the public on weekdays.