Applicants for the Nursing program at Wenatchee Valley College (WVC) are required to take the TEAS Exam and meet the minimum score requirements. This is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage.
Students are required to take and pass all sections of the TEAS Exam in the same test session. Qualifying scores are valid for two years.
What is the TEAS?
The ATI TEAS, or Test of Essential Academic Skills, is a standardized test designed specifically to assess a student’s preparedness for entering the health science fields. Questions are designed to test the basic academic skills you will need to perform successfully in the areas of: Reading, Math, Science, and English and Language Usage.
You can review additional information about the ATI TEAS, Version 7 exam, here.
- Requirements for online testing:
- Install Google Chrome on your device. You will not be able to take the proctored assessment with any other browser.
- Have a school or government-issued ID card available.
- Find a well-lit space, and be ready for a room scan prior to the assessment.
- One piece of blank paper to be used during assessment. Please destroy the paper upon completion of the exam
- Microphone: Any microphone, either internal or external.
- Webcam: 320x240 VGA resolution (minimum) internal or external.
- Desktop or laptop computer (NO iPads, tablets, or phones are to be used) with the ability to download Google Chrome.
- The test can take up to four hours
- Students may not use calculators
- Students must earn a minimum Adjusted Individual Total Score of 58.7% or higher
- Additionally, students must earn a minimum cut score in each category:
- Reading 69% or higher
- Mathematics 63.3% or higher
- Science 45.8% or higher
- English and Language Usage 60% or higher
- Students must earn these minimum cut scores all within the same test session
- Scores will be available to students immediately following the test
- Qualifying scores are valid for two years
The test will update to Version 7 on June 3, 2022. Students that have already taken
the current version (ATI TEAS, Version 6) will not need to retest and the cut scores
will remain the same. For more information, please visit the Student FAQs.
There are a variety of study materials available and below are a few recommendations. We recommend you visit the WVC library to view the available resources before deciding to purchase your own study guide.
ATI, the official provider of prep for the exam, recommends that you allow yourself at least six weeks to prepare for the exam.
Some students also find it helpful to test early. When you take the TEAS, your score printout will list Topics to Review, giving you a clear sense of the areas you need to improve in order to get a higher score.
Online Testing Sign Up
The TEAS is available online through ATI's website. Please visit their website for more information. You will want to selected TEAS at ATI. You will also be asked to choose between Allied Health TEAS and Nursing TEAS, you
can select either option as the test is the same. The fee is $115 plus tax with 1
free transcript sent to the institution. When applying to WVC's program, you will
need to provide a copy of your TEAS results that show your name and the scores for all of the sections with your application. The exam is usually offered twice a week and testing slots