Emergency Medical Technician Course
EMT 151: Emergency Medical Technician (13 credits)
Learn the roles and responsibilities of the emergency medical technician according to National EMS Education standards and requirements. Develop skills in patient evaluation and other emergency medical procedures. Upon successful completion, students are eligible for National Registry Exam to qualify for state certification after meeting the Washington state requirement of employment.
This program is offered once a year during winter quarter. It takes three months to complete.
About the upcoming class
Start date: Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2024.
Deadline to apply: Monday, Nov. 27, 2023.
- Application opens: September 25, 2023
- Application deadline: Nov. 27, 2023. Submit your application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virtual orientation session for 2024 cohort: Thursday, Oct. 5, 2023 at 2 p.m.
- Show proof of being at least 17 years of age at the beginning of the course enrollment (proof required). The Washington state requirement for entrance into the EMT course is 17 years of age. The minimum age for certification is 18 years old.
- Provide a copy of high school diploma, GED equivalency, or college transcript showing high school completion.
- Provide a signed doctor's note indicating that they have the physical strength to carry, lift, extricate, and perform similar maneuvers in a manner not detrimental to the patient, fellow emergency technicians, or self. Students will be required to have a physical and signed doctors note. See the Health Care Provider Statement/Medical Release.
- Provide an up-to-date HCP card. Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider (HCP) card or American Safety & Health Institute Provider ASHI (HCP) card. Card must be current for the duration of the quarter.
- Successfully pass national and DSHS background checks, and drug screening, dated no more than 45 days before the start date of the program. Please consider
- National background check and drug screen should be ordered no earlier than Nov. 19, 2023.
- A DSHS background check should be ordered no earlier than Nov. 19, 2023, even if your application has been already accepted.
- Provide verification of required immunizations and accident insurance. Please see list of required immunizations in the application packet. Immunizations must be completed by the first day of class.
- Upload immunization records and background check results to the WVC Complio account.
Submit all required documents to Imelda Barragan, WVC Allied Health & Nursing Administrative Assistant: email@example.com. Questions? Call (509) 682-6660.